Appraisal Tips to Ensure the Fastest Service
Turn times vary by location and volume. We offer the following appraisal tips to speed up the time it takes to complete an appraisal and to reduce revisions from underwriting once completed.
1. Fill out the order form on our system with all of the following information:
- Correct property address, lender, and payment info.
- Borrower’s name, contact name, phone numbers for each and the borrower’s email address.
2. Upload the preliminary documents:
- A common revision is that the Parcel Number on the preliminary documents do not match the Parcel Number on the appraisal and often it is a formatting issue between the preliminary documents and the parcel maps that appraisers commonly use.
3. Upload other relevant documents:
- If there is a purchase contract available – the appraiser needs it with all addendums in order to avoid confusion over final purchase price.
- If a condo, send us the HOA certificate – (this is a common underwriting request – that the appraiser’s data match the data on the cert.) By providing the document to the appraiser, time is saved both during the preparation of the report and by avoiding a possible revision request.
4. Consider a rush fee:
- If time is absolutely critical, you may consider a rush fee. In most locations, with a rush fee of $95 for a standard appraisal, appraisers can complete the assignment in half our current turn time.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Want to stay updated on AppraisalPro’s latest news and offerings? Our monthly newsletter is a great way to find out about our newest products and services and to keep up with big news in the mortgage industry.